We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information about how and why d2 architectural design collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
d2 architectural design is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When we collect and use personal information about you, we do so under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as "controller" of that personal information for the purposes of those laws. d2 architectural design may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This Policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What do we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including email address
- either your home or work address, depending on what you provided/the location of your project
How is your information used
We use your information:
- to service your project when it is live and any queries in subsequent years
- to communicate with you about information which we think you may find of interest using the email address which you have provided
- to process and respond to inquiries
Under the GDPR, most commonly, we will use your personal information where it is necessary
- to perform the contract we have entered into with you
- to comply with a legal obligation
- for our legitimate interests
- Although this will be rare, it may be necessary for GLM to obtain your consent from time to time for processing certain personal information. If so, we will seek your consent for that in accordance with the GDPR rules.
Keeping your personal information secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You can change your preferences for receiving emails from d2 architectural design, by choosing to opt out by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails
- You can ask for your personal information to be removed from our database by contacting email@example.com and stating your preferences
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights to access your personal information free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access your personal information which this Privacy Notice has described above
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structure, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affecting you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please write to d2 architectural design, 9 Eskbank Road, Dalkeith, EH2 1HD or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let us have enough information to identify you
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or 0303 123 1113.